Julia Palmer is passionate about her subject matter. Her own career has been driven by strong business relationships and a deep understanding of communication and networking which she aptly imparts through sharing successful techniques, combined with anecdotes, quotes and statistics to liven her presentations.
“Every function I attend has a different purpose and every person I meet has a unique personality, but there is one valuable lesson that I have learnt over and over again, and the lesson is: the ability to network effectively and develop strong relationships is the foundation for any successful business/career”
An engaging speaker, she had travelled the globe networking and has a deep understanding of customising speeches based on job title, industry and culture.
- Key-Note Presentations- Unique and Inspiring
- Conference Sessions – Dynamic and cutting edge content to harness the benefits of successful networking
- Breakfast, Luncheon and Cocktail Party Guest Speaker – providing strategies for success for your staff and clients
- Facilitator – creating warmth and energy with networking techniques and ice-breakers for guests/staff
Selection of Keynote Presentations:
The Face-to-Face Revolution
The value of aligning with the right people is vital to success! For anyone that manages both strategic and operational relationships, so much of your effectiveness depends on others. This session is imperative to those that want to understand the impact of social capital, accelerate their visibility and harness their internal and external networks.
High End Networking
Networking is an essential skill for goal achievement and career progression. This valuable session will step your through the three stages to achieving profitable business relationships and helps you to build a strong reputation, expand your business circle and seize business opportunities.
Networks that Work are your Keys to Success
The quality of your business relationships is determined by the strategies you deploy to create and manage them. These are learnt skills and for most quite challenging. Explore the correlation of internal and external networks with building visibility, social capital and most critically map how you fit into your network matrix.
Invest in your Personal Advisory Group and Reap the Rewards
Churchill famously said; “If we are together nothing is impossible. If we are divided all will fail”. Understand how an advisory board can fit into your network to position yourself ahead of the shift and ensure you know how to educate others to promote you
The Future of Face-to-Face Strategic Networking
Ascertain whether you are using old, now or new world networking. While most people in business are focusing on who they know, this session will challenge you to re-think the dynamic of business relationships and think about who is promoting you! Be inspired to develop new networking strategies to keep you competitive in the future.
Charismatic at Cocktails
There are many components to successful networking and most find them quite challenging. Learn essential networking advice and practical tips including etiquette do’s and don’t’s to ensure you are well received in any networking opportunity, be it at a bbq or black tie gala dinner.
CONTACT US now to book Julia for your next event
“Your presentation “High End Networking was extremely well received by all our delegates and we had many comments from guests leaving the function as to how much they had enjoyed the morning and how much they had learned! Your content was relevant and appropriate for the high level of corporate managers within our audience. You spoke to them with warmth and knowledge and had all of them in the palm of your hand within a minute…”
Kim McGuiness, Managing Director Network Central
I wanted to say thanks for what you shared with us Swap about Networking. I have really benefited from it, going with great confidence and a new approach to another networking function recently.
I felt like I connected much better with the other women there and reached out in a whole new, exciting way, having been inspired and empowered by you.
So thank you, thank you, thank you!
- Julia presented her new keynote ‘Face to Face Revolution’ at TEDx Darling Harbour (2010) and was voted ‘best talk of the day’ by the audience.
- Julia is part of Future Thread and presented her new keynote ‘The Future of Strategic Networks’ at their 2011 Conference
- Julia was selected as a presenter for Global Sales E- Seminar and Sales Effectiveness Breakfast Event Series. Promoted by Paul Sparkes at Sales Effectiveness, it features International speaker Neil Rackham, Julia’s Kochies Business Builders co-presenter Rob Harnett, Michael Light (Miller Heiman) and many others.
- Julia is the Kochie’s Business Builder Networking Expert. Julia presented live at the KBB Boot Camp 1011 and appears on the Channel 7, TV episodes. In episode 13, series 2, of Kochie’s Business Builders, the focus is on the importance of networking as a promotional tool for business owners plus other ways to gain exposure. Julia Palmer, then the business relationship specialist and Managing Director of BConsulted, was sent in to provide advice on networking techniques and highlights the first step to all good networking. You can watch Part 1 and 2 and the KBB Special here – click here
- Julia has been invited back for a third year in a row to present at the Annual L&D in Practice Conference
- Julia is the Networking Expert for the FutureNet Leadership Program run by Consult Australia
- Julia Guest Lectures at Universities such as UTS and MGSM
- Julia was invited to speak at the International Talent Management Conference in Abu Dhabi -November 5 & 6 2008. The only Australian speaker on an International Agenda, leading change for the future of talent management.
- Julia presented at the ULTIMATE BUSINESS SEMINAR – where 8 Of The World’s Leading Business Experts Come Together For One Purpose – To Steadily and Safely Show You How To Create Wealth In Business, Sydney 22-24 Nov 2008.
- Julia’s session ‘sold out’ at the CPA Congress Sydney, Adelaide, Perth
Further Topics and Organisations Julia has presented at:
- Aussie Home Loans National Brokers Conference
- Medibank Health Solutions Sales Conference
- Finsia Leadership Program
- Schwarzkopf National Sales Conference
- Rio Tinto Graduate Program; Brisbane and Perth
- Talent2 Staff Summit; Sydney and Melbourne
- AMP Financial Planner’s Accreditation Program
- Gartner Symposium 2010 – 2x roundtables, 1 workshop and 1 keynote
- Connected Women’s Network Event hosted by Trescox Lawyers
- Rotary Club Sydney
- Amcham Workshop ‘Capture Critical Information for Future Connections’, Sydney
- Charismatic at Cocktails – Key note presentation for ESP Conference, Convention Centre Sydney
- How to be a Master Networker, Connect Breakfast Sydney
- ‘Leveraging Networking’ -Engineers Industry Roundtable, Perth
- ‘Networking Workshop’ DSRD: Clearly Business, Sydney
- ‘Strategic NRM’ Learning & Development in Practice Conference Sydney
- Victorian Future Leaders Development Network
- High End Networking, Network Central, Sydney, Parramatta and Melbourne
- Liberated Life Retreat, Hunter Valley
- Keynote Speaker -Accredited Associate IIB Luncheon, Sydney
- Regular MC, The Professionals Breakfast Series at AmClub Sydney. Guest Speaker’s include Peter Switzer, Richard Hames, Ken Hudson
- MC, Asher Foundation Cocktail Party – National Opal Gallery
- Guest Speaker and Workshop Facilitator – International Quality & Productivity Centre, Sydney
- Keynote Speaker UDIA Women in Development Event, Sydney
- Guest Speaker & Workshop Facilitator Liquid Learning Conference, Canberra & Brisbane
- Keynote Speaker – Walter Turnbull Boardroom Luncheon
- Keynote Speaker – Premium Brands Group CEO Breakfast
- Keynote Speaker & Facilitator- “Connections” Luncheon, National Networking Week, American Club, Sydney
- Keynote Speaker – SWAP Sydney.’ Proven Strategies for Profitable Business Relationships’
- Facilitator – BPW (Business and Professional Women Australia) ‘An Evening with Business Experts’
- Conference MC – UDIA (Urban Development Institute of Australia) Annual State Conference.
* Note the following footage is branded BConsulted, which is the former name of the Business Networking Academy